La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé

點亮餐桌上的微光,展開一場味蕾旅行

追尋各個食材的和諧共鳴,不管對食物、生活與人際關係,“保持簡單“是我們的態度。

從熙來攘往的永康街轉入金山南路的靜謐巷弄,由法國廚師Fabien Vergé所掌理的「La Cocotte」,自2009年以來,為永康街區注入一幕幕新法式料理風情。在歷經一個月的內部改裝與員工進修後,2016年7月起正式更名為「La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé」。秉持傳統法式料理手藝,加入獨到的擺盤美學,Fabien Vergé帶來全新的「夜餐桌計畫」,點亮餐桌上的微光 (同時也更新Facebook page)。

La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé is a French fine dining experience by French Chef, Fabien Vergé. The restaurant is situated near Taipei’s famed Yongkang St and has been the premiere destination for French cuisine in Taipei since 2009. Recently, La Cocotte has undergone refurbishment to further refine the intimacy of the venue. In July 2016, La Cocotte was reborn: La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé. A subtle nuance linking the establishment with Chef Fabien Vergé (Check out our new Facebook page).


餐廳靈魂人物Fabien Vergé來自南法土魯斯(Toulouse),童年成長於西非,17歲那年正式投入廚藝學習之路,首先於法國土魯斯的廚藝高校學習,後來進入里昂的餐飲廚藝學院;畢業後,相繼於義大利與巴黎米其林三星法式餐廳「Le Meurice」工作。在25歲那年,他決定與當時同在餐廳擔任甜點廚師的妻子管乃茵,回到台灣落地生根,創立第一家法式餐廳。擁有豐富的廚房經歷、紮實料理基本功,以及與身俱來的廚藝敏銳度,造就了Fabien Vergé獨特且豐富的味蕾,使得「La Cocotte」早已成為眾多饕客口袋裡的私藏餐廳。

Vergé spent his childhood years on Africa’s Ivory Coast and moved to Toulouse, France at age 17. His culinary journey began after graduation in Lyon, France where he worked in the Three Michelin Star restaurant Le Meurice under esteemed Chef Alain Ducasse. Upon turning 25, Vergé relocated to Taiwan with his wife Naiyin Kuan, who is also the pastry chef for La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé.

「從不覺得自己做得很好,即使到現在也是,永遠覺得不夠。當別人稱讚自己時,我都覺得還可以更好。」
When I receive a compliment, I don't feel I'm at my best. I know there is much more to learn as a chef, I know I can be better.”
— Fabien Vergé

是這股不曾停止思考「如何能更好」的念頭,讓Fabien Vergé決定在餐廳穩定經營的七年後,與廚房夥伴們暫時停下腳步,整裝醞釀成為更好的「La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé」。在拉下鐵門的一個月,從菜單規劃到店內裝修,皆由Fabien Vergé與管乃茵親自構思,並提出「夜餐桌計畫」,在日夜交替的魔幻時刻,以一桌道地的南法晚餐、細緻專注的服務,安頓饕客們的味覺。Fabien Vergé更以「三個基本」,賦予餐廳完整定位:本質(essentiel)、分享(partage)、追尋(voyager)。

This relentless pursuit of betterment was the catalyst for La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé. Collaborating with his executive team, Vergé redesigned the menu with a sole focus on providing dinner service. This allows the team to offer the finest sampling of southern French cuisine.


本質essentiel

源自法文的「La Cocotte」一詞,為中文「鑄鐵鍋」之意。「La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé」取其鑄鐵鍋保留原汁原味、傳遞溫暖味道的特質,延伸成為餐廳最重要的核心精神:以南法料理為本,從傳統裡吸取養分,成就一桌驚豔。

In French, "la cocotte" simply means cast-iron cookware. Vergé seeks to extend the beauty of cast-iron, with it’s superior heat retention and ability to lock in flavor while keeping food moist and tender. The First Element of La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé is also its namesake. It is essential.


分享partage

Fabien Vergé童年常與家人共享一桌美好料理。在餐桌上,他們除了品嚐美食,也分享對美食的喜愛、暢談生活趣事。是這些日常交談,溫暖每次的用餐記憶。Fabien Vergé將這個美好的經驗帶入改裝後的「La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé」,邀請客人用餐前於「主廚餐桌」品嚐一杯餐前酒,輕鬆與主廚聊當日食材,為一頓美好晚餐揭開序幕。未來也將不定時與專業侍酒師推出餐酒計畫、舉辦限定主廚餐會,讓每次前來用餐,成為獨一無二的回憶。

During childhood, Vergé was privileged to enjoy great food with his family. Not only were the dishes delicious but the family shared their life experiences. These unforgettable memories forged the Second Element. When guests arrive, our friendly staff welcome them into our home. Vergé envisions a place for stories to be told and heard.


追尋voyager

95%法式料理+5%旅行經驗,這是Fabien Vergé獨特且迷人的食材公式。擁有多元成長背景,旅行也是他創作靈感的來源。在「La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé」不只是享用一頓晚餐,更是展開一場味蕾旅行:品嚐來自義大利、紐西蘭、法國等不同產地的多款礦泉水,梳理味覺;由專業侍酒師蕭希辰推薦70多款紅酒、白酒、啤酒,與餐搭配,引出食材絕妙滋味;推出季節專屬菜單,依據個人口味自選前菜與主食,組出獨一無二的體驗。

Vergé deems his food to be 95% French Cuisine. The remaining 5% is drawn from his international experience. Sommelier David Hsiao, will pair your meal with a red or white wine and beer to provide the richest experience possible. Blending these influences yields something unique but still distinctly French.


「我期待,這是個讓人感到輕鬆,且擁有隱密氣質的用餐空間。提供細緻講究的服務,愉快享用新法式料理並分享美好時刻。」
It is my wish for La Cocotte by Fabien Vergé to be an intimate place with elite service. A place where I can provide my guests with unique dishes that are still distinctly French. We appreciate that our guests choose to spend their time here with us, and I wish to make it memorable.
— Fabien Vergé

written by Sylvie Wang & Nathan Ray